Easy-To-Make Dog-Friendly Birthday Cake
Home made dog treats is the perfect way to spend some quality time with your pup and save money on buying their favorite snacks.
Bella loved her home-made dog-friendly birthday cake this year!
Here’s the step-by-step recipe:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey preferably raw
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plan Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease two 4″ cake pans with a bit of coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- While coconut oil is melting, whisk egg, honey, pumpkin, applesauce, peanut butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Last, stir in the melted coconut oil.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Pour batter evenly into the two pans, pounding them on the countertop a few times to the batter lays flat. Place the cake pans on a baking sheet and the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake cakes for 20-30 minutes**, or until a toothpick comes out clean or mostly clean.
- Let the cakes sit in the pans for 10 minutes before running a knife along the edges and flipping them over onto a cooling rack. Wait until cakes are completely cool before icing.
- for the icing:
- Stir yogurt and peanut butter together
Simply click the button below
About Bella The Dog Workshop
Bella the Dog Workshop was established in 2020 by a loving dog mom and pet lover, Aileen.
Her pride and joy Bella is a 10-pound Chihuahua-Spaniel Mix rescue and the inspiration behind Bella The Dog Workshop!
Our mission is simple: to make every day as magical as the day you brought your fur baby home by bringing you fun dog apparel and accessories.
We help you spoil your pup in style and show them they truly are a member of the family!
Life’s too short to do anything that doesn’t make your soul sing – buy the doggy raincoat! 🙂